Monday, August 8, 2011

The Insignificance of Me



On a recent trip to Mammoth Lakes and the "scenic" way home via Tioga Pass and through Yosemite National Park, I was astounded by the grandeur and hugeness of the Universe, and how, in this grand scale, I am but an insignificant speck. But that doesn't mean I am not part of it. My life's occasional little soap operas are just not that important. Sometimes, it's crazy that we get caught up in the teeny details of our lives that cause imbalance and disproportion.

Over the last few weeks, we've watched the circus in Washington as our elected squabble over raising the debt limit. I had to voluntary peel myself away from it towards the end because it was exhausting. I'm glad that drama is over. Well. Kind of.







I have never been to Mammoth or Yosemite before and I am just ecstatic to experience it with someone who looks at the world with equal curiosity, openness, gratitude, and aliveness. Of course, it helps that he did all the driving, and didn't mind assembling my mountain bike. How wonderfully delightful and refreshing. :)



Nothing beats basking in the Mammoth sunshine, inhaling fresh mountain air as you do your pranayamas and looking upside down at mountains while you're in downward dog and headstand.









Yosemite is just another dimension altogether. Everything was massive and breathtaking in equal proportions.







Here's to an inspiring week!

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment