Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Too Soft to be Broken

Trouble sets in and suffering takes over…


…when we have a mental construct of how things HAVE to be

…when we are not allowing reality and life to unfold naturally

…when we expect things to be other than how they are

…when we interfere and intervene and think that we know better


You would think that since we all have gone through this over and over and over (and over and over) in many facets of our lives, perhaps even in countless lifetimes, we would KNOW what to do the next time something similar presents itself. It can get frustrating how we still fumble and stumble sometimes. But this I will tell you. If you have become such a detached witness to your own life, it gets easier and less dramatic. If you go beyond the story, your heart remains open and you find yourself finding within you more capacity for immense and intense love than ever before. It's quite radical, but I'll take it. It’s moments like these when I hardly even recognize myself. I could never have imagined such behavior a year ago!


At the end of the day, we are only left to ruminate:


Do I know myself more than I did yesterday?

Am I a more loving person because of it?

Am I less of a person because of it?

Has my understanding and acceptance of other people deepened because of it?

Did I grow because of this experience?


And my answers induce in me heartfelt smiles.


And despite it all, I am just grateful.


Ten cartwheels for consciousness, conscious people, and those on the path to it everywhere.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment