Thursday, November 8, 2012

"I'm Really Proud of All of You" - President Re-Elect Obama

Since President Obama got re-elected, things have been so much quieter and rather melancholy.  There are no more pundits to follow nightly TV.  There is no more scouring the web for the latest polling data.  No more seemingly hourly emails from the campaign.

And then I got one tonight from Jim Messina.  A Thank You email that had this video embedded.


This is more of a victory speech than the one I had seen on Tuesday.  It's much more raw and personal, and yes, emotional.  

I am honored to have been part of the volunteer corps of the President's 2008 and 2012 campaigns.  It's rather bittersweet to see it end.  Yet I am also relieved that the elections are over and that we sent a clear message to our legislators of what we, as a country, desire.  I hope they don't fail us.

Forward.

P.S.  Dear Santa, if you exist, it would be one heck of a Christmas present if I can get tickets to Obama's inauguration in DC.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment