Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Rest are Details

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details. " - Albert Einstein

I have recently put myself in a compromising position. Albeit done consciously for the most part, it was something that I have not done in a long time. A very long time. I allowed my ego to take over. I ignored intuition and allowed to be led where I did not want to be.

I was driving the other day and I caught myself on the verge of beating myself up. In that split second, I was shaken awake. Why do I need to feel remorse, guilt, and shame? It finally dawned on me that THIS is what I am here to do. I am here to heal this sh*t, all that crap that has accumulated in this lifetime and in past ones, regardless of whether I desire this to be my last incarnation or not, or whether or not that really is up to me. It is not the right thing to do. It is the ONLY thing to do. I am here to have human experiences to transcend my humanity. I am here to get the cobwebs out of the way so I can see and tread my path with more clarity. I am here to give, but in the same token, I need to learn that I also need to allow myself to receive. I am here to love unconditionally and even if not perfectly, at least try. I am here to share soulful moments after soulful moments with other souls. I am here to be alive, to feel the universe exploding inside me every single moment. As Ram Dass would say, "To see as God sees, to love as God loves..."

BINGO. That's it.

Ultimately, that is WHY I am here. To be in God's head. To know God's thoughts.

The rest, ladies and gentlemen, are details.

Namaste and Hari Om Tat Sat!

No comments:

Post a Comment