Saturday, September 25, 2010

More on the Asia Trip

The Asia trip is coming together. I have narrowed down my options a little bit, after being clear to myself what I wanted out of this trip, where it would be realistic to go solo, and since I don't have that much travel time, accessibility also becomes a top consideration. Because of that, I might have to sacrifice the Angkor Wat leg of the trip. We'll see...

This afternoon, I booked a hotel room for the two nights that I will be in Hong Kong. It is in the eastern side of the island, away from the hustle, bustle and chaos of Kowloon and I second guess myself now if I will regret that decision later on. I have not completely shot myself in the foot though because the city center is very accessible by public transportation (I'm not quite sure yet if it's a light rail or subway) according to the reviews that I devoured before I made the reservation. And really, I have no desire to shop while in Hong Kong. I'm using Hong Kong more as a hub of sorts since it's very cheap to fly there from the US. Apart from Victoria's Peak, I have no pull to spend time in Hong Kong. The game plan is to cross to Macau and spend time sightseeing there.

I will definitely have a Chiangmai leg in my trip and in fact have already found the ideal hotel room for only $42 a night. Actually, if I get over my fear of the shared-room-hostelling-thing, I can stay at this place for $12 a night. Can you believe that?!?! I immediately know this is where I'll stay while in this city because it is perfectly in line with why I will be in Chiangmai.

More to come later. My hot bath awaits.




No comments:

Post a Comment