Sunday, February 10, 2013

Got the Blues. Big Ones.

How does that song go?

"Nothing comes from nothing. Nothing ever could. So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good."

Today inspires such thoughts. I'm mid mountain and I am gazing towards one of nature's finest hours. With wind chills, it's way below freezing and the chill gently creeps up inside my four layers of clothing. My skiing could be better by leaps and bounds. I've been fighting a looming cold. But no matter. The sun is out. And right now, I feel like one of the most privileged people in the world.

With this astonishing view, wouldn't you?

*
I love Mt. Rose to bits, but the views of Lake Tahoe you get here at Homewood are pretty spectacular. The lifts are slow and yes, they creak, but the expanse of terrain (at least for intermediate wannabes like I) is wide. For a $29 limited Travelzoo deal, you get a full day adult pass valid even on a lot of non-holiday weekends. Happy shredding!






No comments:

Post a Comment